Join us in the beautiful Cairngorms for Aviemore Triathlon: enjoy an open water swim in the cool, calm waters of Loch Morlich and enjoy mountain biking and running on the trails of Glenmore Forest.
Long Hard Durty: 1,000m Open Water Swim, 18km Technical Mountain Bike, 9km Trail Run
Short Fast Durty: 500m Open Water Swim, 12km Mountain Bike, 5km Trail Run
Short Fast Durty (Non Competitive): 500m Open Water Swim, 12km Mountain Bike, 5km Trail Run
What is Non Competitive? In 2021, we’re trialling a a non-competitive (untimed) opt-in wave at the Short Fast Durty Tri in 2021 alongside the regular competitive/timed waves. This is in response to feedback that some participants are interested in the challenge, but not so interested in being timed, or being listed in results. You will still be issued with a dibber (for safety purposes), but we won’t publish your result, we will just list you as finishing. Just select the Non-Competitive option on Entry Central to sign up to this wave.
A Covid-19 Safe Aviemore We will continue to follow Scottish Government guidance on Covid-19 and will be prepared to make the following alterations to event structure, if necessary, to allow for social distancing. Full details of the event format will be sent to all entrants in advance of the event.
Alterations may include:
– Time Trial Starts
– Digital briefings, no race day briefings.
– Swim leg: distance may be reduced for both Short and Long races. The swim section may also be optional
– Reduction of race touch points as far as reasonably possible throughout registration & course.
– Extended transition areas to allow for social distancing.
– Track & Trace health declaration may be required.
– Spectators discouraged (sorry – we really love having everyone along normally, but this will depend on Government guidelines at the time!)
– Removal of prize-giving (sorry – but if has to be done, it has to be done).
* This is all subject to obvious Covid-19 caveats, particularly changes in Scottish Government guidance and stakeholders requirements.
A Greener Aviemore Triathlon!
- Feed station cups are our biggest source of waste. So we’re stopping using them. Completely. There will be no cups at feed stations. You need to bring your own or, if you don’t have one, we’ll provide you with a re-usable soft folding cup with your race entry in 2021. You will need to carry this with you and use it on the course if you wish to use feed stations.
- T-shirts: some of you love them and some of you don’t. If you’re the latter, we’ll now give you the option to donate the cost of your event tee to our chosen charity, The John Muir Trust. You can make this selection when you sign up via Entry Central by choosing No T-Shirt. Your entry cost will remain the same and we’ll donate the equivalent value to The John Muir Trust.
We appreciate your help in ensuring our events make minimal impact on the environment.